Friday, February 13, 2009

My New Favorite website

This site was passed along to me by my friend, Jodi at work. http://www.moneysavingmom.com/
I am now officially obsessed! This woman is awesome! She is so frugal and shares her lessons in home economics. She and her husband live in Olathe, Kansas. They are getting ready to buy their first home 100% cash! I wish I would've known about this site before Murad and I started saving for our wedding. However, I think it will help us save for a house. Murad and I live pretty well, but also not excessive. We're good at saving, but things got a little rough in the midst of planning our wedding and switching jobs, so the credit cards did get used. However, we have a good plan to pay it all off and still save for a house. I'm also going to help pad our savings and pay for part of my car repairs by working summer school. I do not think we'll pay 100% for our home though. Nice dream, but probably not going to happen for us. There are some things I just can't do....like move back in with my parents. No way!

This week at work has been difficult! So many kid, so many problems! I also just had a hectic work schedule. I only went to the gym once this week, which means I gotta wake my ass up early to hit the gym tomorrow. I love my students, but sometimes it can be so stressful. I hate having to be so strict, but some kids lack respect for anyone, including themselves. Of course, TAKS stress is taking over as well. I can't believe it is around the corner. March 3rd is the Writing TAKS. I do love teaching writing though. I love watching them realize that they are writers. Some of them have such original, fresh manuscripts. One of the downfalls of teaching in Texas is that you do teach to the test to a certain extent. One of my students goes, "my friend in California gets to do creative writing in her 7th grade English class." i guess she learned early that life is not fair.

So, my dad may finally going to retire. He was going to wait a couple more years and save more money, but how much of a difference can two years make? I'm just glad because his health has really taken a decline in the last couple of months and I just didn't think he realized how much working was affecting it. Luckily, my dad was smart and married a younger woman, so my mom can still work for at least ten more years. My dad will still work, just not full-time and probably not at his current job. I'm just so happy for him!

No comments: