Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

So an update on the pre-marital seminar we attended last Saturday. Murad and I both received emails from the coordinator stating:

Future Brides and Grooms,
First of all, I'd like to say Thank you to each of you that took the time to come out on an otherwise busy Saturday to invest in the future of your marriages/relationships. It is with much chagrin that I have come to realize that there were a number of comments and statements expressed by the facilitator that were offensive and insulting. I apologize!
While Mr. P is a facilitator for I F, his views are not ours and they by no means represent the approved curriculum that he was certified to facilitate for the T in T program. The sole purpose of the classes are to help couples develop communication and conflict resolution skills and other tools for a strong relationship.
Inspiring Families is committed to helping families strengthen and improve the quality of their marriages and relationships through education and collaboration and our collaboration with ANTHEM is one where we receive professional training, technical assistance, and evaluative feedback to ensure that the T T program services are facilitated with integrity and no bias. Quality workshops is the goal of our service delivery so please be assured that the 'workshop experience' that you and your fiance experienced on Saturday February 7 is not a common or acceptable practice and we are dealing with the issue.
I welcome and encourage you to join us at any of our upcoming workshops. As shared in all my workshops, we welcome any and all comments and feedback and will do our best to make sure your workshop experience is one that you will remember for a lifetime!
If you have any additional questions or comments, please call or email anytime.
Again, Thank you for your time!

Small victory, but at least it won't happen in another workshop. We weren't the only ones who received the email, so I'm guessing others gave him a bad review as well.

So, we've had a little dog stay with us for the past couple of weeks and it just really reaffirmed how much I love Sampson & Maya. First of all, Trey is a great dog, but he is just a little annoying. Just a tad bit. Here are some of the things I love about each dog:

Sampson--our first born....well not our first born, but we got Sam first. Sam is truly our dog. If one of the dogs is sick and accidentally throws up or has diarrhea, Sam will try to hide the mess from us. I've caught him pushing his nose on the carpet trying to put something over the mess. Once Maya got sick and he picked up my jacket and put it over her mess. Wasn't too happy about the state of that jacket. I love how Sam will let Maya sleep in the bed, but in the morning he'll get up and come in the bed with us. Sam is not a very fast runner, but he does have stamina. He is a fighter though. I've seen him go to town on some other dogs at that dog park who looked at Maya the wrong way. He loves his sister. I also love that every other dog is intimidated by Sam. It's funny to watch dogs allow their beloved toys to be destroyed by Sam. Sam is just so regal. His body is so beautiful. At 80 pounds, we're convinced there is some Malamute blood in these huskies.

Maya--she came to us a little later, but she's from the same litter as Sam. Maya is our free spirit. She's adventurous, a natural hunter (she's caught a duck before), and she's our jokester. Each day, when I get the dogs ready for their morning walk, Maya loves to play a game with me. She'll move around so that I can't put her harness on her. When she's ready to go finally, she'll sit down and put her paw up. It's almost like she's saying, "I'm ready, Mommy!"Maya is also very loving. With Trey around, she has shown her maternal instincts. Last night, Murad goes, "Ash, she acts like a mother, but not really." I totally understood what he meant. Maya is our cool, free spirit dog who loves to play, but she's also very nurturing as well. Maya always is the first to go to bed with me. Both she and Sam will let me sleep in if I need to, which I greatly appreciate!

My dogs have such beautiful, kind, energetic souls! I could not imagine my life without them!

Well, I'm off to clean. I just wanted to give you some puppy love for this wonderful Valenttine's Day!

No comments: